Sunday, January 11, 2015

Organizing the Girl's Clothes.

So we have an abundance of clothes for the girls. So many people have given us bags of clothes the past two years that I was running out of places to put it. After Isabella started outgrowing her baby clothes I started cutting them into squares to start her baby quilt. Not all of them, but most of them. Then....surprise! Baby #2. Another girl. I still had a bunch of leftover clothes, not to mention what Isabella was wearing at that time would be saved. Then we got even more clothes from our neighbor. It just kept adding on and on and I couldn't keep up! It was overwhelming trying to fit both Isabella's clothes and Emily's clothes in one closet. I finally finished organizing it today. One side to toddler, the other side to baby. This is the finished result:


Finally the clothes are separated, organized and put in pretty stack-able boxes.
So the left side are "Big Girl Clothes" (the clothes Isabella will grow into), "3T" and then "2T". On the right side is Summer clothes on top, T-shirts and pants in the middle and sleepwear on the bottom. Hanging up underneath (as you can see in the top picture) is long sleeve shirts, then dresses, then sweaters/jackets and finally some more skirts/pants (each hung with specific color hangers.) And the Monster High bucket next to the stack-able bins are Isabella's socks.
So for Emily's side I have her diaper bag on the left. Then I have some hats in a coffee can I covered with pink princess duct tape (topped off with her coonskin hat!). Her 0-6 month pants are in the red holder. Then on the right is her 12 month clothes, 18 month clothes and 24 month clothes. If you look at the second picture above, you can see her hangers are also organized by color starting from 0-3 months, then 3-6 months, 6 months and then 9 months. There are some more newborn and 3 month clothes in my bedroom next to her bassinet, as well. 

As you can see there are a LOT of clothes and it took me a few hours to get it all straightened. There it is though. Im so excited and I feel so accomplished that I just had to show someone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment